Facebook has gotten a bad rep in schools. Teachers, parents and faculty tend to see the negatives of Facebook and how its distracting their kids from reaching their full potential, but with every negative there is always a positive to gain out of it. That is why we decided to touch on the positive ways to use Facebook for schools.
1. Teachers can post their yearly agenda, goals and homework assignments, so students can always see what is due and what they will be learning tomorrow.
2. Teachers can have an online classroom of pictures, inspirational words of the week and other creative ways of showing the environment of the classroom online.
3. The staff can put up a collage of pictures from throughout the year, so that the school can have a timeline of all the students who have come and gone through the school and have a history of all their events.
4. Staff can post updates about things going on in the school, internship opportunities, student of the month or new teachers.
5. This gives the parents the opportunity to see what is going on in the school and the different activities that are going on.
6. Parents can look through the Facebook timeline and can instantly see if this would be a good fit for their student.
The amount of creative ways to use Facebook for schools is endless. It is up to you on how you would like to use it.
Looking for an IT company? Turn to C&O IT Solutions. We provide 24/7 IT support for small to medium-sized businesses. Call us at 323-929-2648